Sobering Sunday

I'm learning that whenever my dad calls me and we don't have anything planned, I know it's bad news. I received one such call this morning when he called to let me know that my uncle died unexpectedly in his sleep last night. 

This uncle was my mom's only brother and the last remaining part of her immediate family. He was not much older than my mom and has followed the developing Washer tradition of dying unexpectedly young, creating layers of tragedy and disbelief for me and more so for my mom and my aunt. My mom has shared that you're never too old to feel exempt from the reality of being an orphan.

I've found myself searching for and clinging to old memories while the sobering reality that our time on this earth is limited sinks in anew.

Rest in peace, Uncle Keith. 

http://lanailens.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/sm018-1-2.jpg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jaime Needs...

Dude, 2022 was Intense

February 16, 2011