The Mountains Called, So We Went

Southwest Colorado Autumnal Extravaganza

My brother-in-law joined us for a week-long trek at the end of September, into October. Here is the glorious path we took:


Backpacking Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve

If you backpack a half-mile out, you can set up camp anywhere. Most unique backpacking experience I've ever had. Lessons learned: it's really hard to keep the sand out of your tent and the milky way definitely still exists.


Brothers



Sunset, me & Aaron, our tents
 


 

 Durango - Silverton Train

We took the train both ways, in one of the open-air cars. The scenery was so amazing, I almost cried about 20 times.

 




I'd Hike That: Ice Lakes & Blue Lakes

Ice Lakes near Silverton, Blue Lakes near Ouray. 

Ice Lakes was one of the coolest hikes I've ever experienced.









Blue Lakes was neat also, the scenery at the upper lake looked like Iceland to me (at least, based on pictures I've seen).







Telluride & Surrounding Area

I can't even begin to explain how beautiful it was.









Black Canyon of the Gunnison

The coldest part of the trip!







Colorado National Monument

We swung through before dropping Aaron off at the airport. 


Conclusion

This trip was everything I had hoped it would be, and so much more. If you want some advice, visit Southern Colorado in the fall, you won't be disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

Hair Today. Gone Tomorrow.