This Old House




I received this text the other day and I refuse to disappoint my reader! My one, lowly reader.
JK, Alicia isn't lowly.

We are still plugging along with painting our house. It feels dumb to use the word 'painting' in that sentence because it currently doesn't feel like that's ever going to happen. The weather has been crappy and our house is old. Suddenly all that 'charm' just translates to 'stupid menial tasks we don't want to do'.

While we're at it, we decided to replace the door of our attached garage as well as the rain gutters. The garage door is going to go bust any second and so far, when people find out which house we bought they tend to say, "Oh, the house with the crazy gutters". We would like to move away from that infamy.

We also want to remove all the weird fake stone from the chimney. We tore a piece off to see what we're dealing with underneath. So far we've found painted brick. Brian submitted some of the paint chips to a company to have it evaluated for lead. In summary, safe lead content is like 5,000 ppm (parts per million) and the paint from the brick has a ppm of 28,733.9. So yes, hello lead and hello spaceman protective gear. 

And now, I will finish with a pictorial narrative of our lives recently.

Daft Punk is power-washing my house. My house.
P.S. Does anyone else wish LCD Soundsystem would get back together?
P.P.S. You should really click that link, it's a good song.

So I gave Cotton a horrible haircut. Sue me.
And I had nothing to do with her legs- you can thank the Emergency Vet for that and you can also blame Cotton for eating a poop-ton of dark chocolate that required IV fluid pumped through her system. 

Chuck felt left out of the photo shoot so I indulged her.

And then I bothered Skookum. This is Skookum's current favorite hang-out spot: under the dining room table.
What does that mean for you?
Answer: Be wary of sitting on our dining chair cushions if you're wearing black pants.

Here is Brian removing old, crumbly caulk that caught our attention. 'Tis a thankless job.
You can also see the weird fake stone on the chimney in this one.

This one time I found something on Pinterest that said you can use rain gutters as planters so I shared it with Brian. He told the gutter guys not to worry about disposing of the gutters when they uninstalled them. And now, we have a pile of gross, crappy gutters that I don't feel good about planting living things in. #pinterestfail

The pile of gutters we now have to figure out what to do with. Mostly I took this because of the lonely chair by the cross. For some reason it reminds me of how I feel during this process.  Wah-Wah.


Comments

  1. take the gutters to a scrap yard. you'll get some $ for them. Or put them on craigslist, gone in a day I'd bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! hilarious! excited to see what color you guys choose! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jaime Needs...

Dude, 2022 was Intense

February 16, 2011