The Gift of Anticipation

I really enjoy living in a smaller community; we have everything we need but we also get to dream about all the things we don't have. We leave this weekend to spend the holidays in Colorado Springs and I'm really excited! In fact, I made a list of all the things I want to do upon arrival and I'm reminded there's something to be said about having to wait for things that you want.

For the 6 years we lived in Westminster we had easy access to just about everything we could think of.

So and so is playing at the Fillmore next week? Let's get tickets. 
Rockies game tonight? Sure!  
I think I'll drive over to a different Target today and check out their clearance.
Should I have Qdoba, Noodles, Which Wich, Chipotle, Panera...?

Now I'm realizing how that type of environment eventually takes the magic out of things. The magic of anticipating that in 4.5 days I can eat Blue Bell ice cream, go to a really big chain craft store, and eat at Red Robin. The magic of how things like that now make me feel like a little kid again, waiting for Christmas to come.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jaime Needs...

Dude, 2022 was Intense

February 16, 2011