a tribute to mike


me and some of my co-workers "with" mike


today was my last day as an optomologist's assistant. definitely bittersweet for me as i don't particularly like going to a new place, with new people, with a whole new job to learn. i was pretty comfortable there. one of the people i will miss the most though is mike, our DHL delivery guy. he would often come bearing gifts (well, BESIDES the packages he was delivering) such as olympic collector pins that he stole for us from the competing eye doctor's office, a DVD chock full of DHL commercials, and even jars of his homemade jelly that is quite delicious. he brought me some jelly today as a going away gift and brought in his camera because the thought i might like to get a picture with my co-workers before i go. is your DHL guy as thoughtful as that?! i didn't think so. and when i got home from work, the picture was already waiting for me in my inbox.

so, this is a tribute to mike for all his thoughtful words of encouragement to me and for just making me laugh.

they say, 'what can brown do for you?' and while mr. brown might be able to deliver my packages he's never gone above and beyond the way mr. red and yellow has.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

February 16, 2011