how to make me feel like the world is SO unfair

so, i'm sick. really, really sick.

thought about calling in sick to work yesterday but felt guilty because, i'll be the first to admit, i struggle with putting myself first sometimes. so, i dragged my sorry butt to work thinking that if i didn't feel better i'd just leave early. my boss comes in and tells me that my other co-worker has called in sick. if i left i would be leaving two new people, who don't know bunk, alone to fend for themselves so i stuck it out.

i got up this morning and felt like i had been hit by a truck, and a big one at that. i was getting ready for the day with this running through my head, "just call in sick...no, just go...no call in sick, screw them...no, i can't..." then, my phone rings and it's my boss, telling me that my co-worker has called in sick again and that he needs me to stay later and close for her. as he's talking to me and i'm agreeing to do it, he realized that i didn't sound so good myself. by the grace of God he told me to go back to bed but that he still needed me to come in in the afternoon to close. damn you co-worker who beat me to the punch and gets to sleep all day long, recovering!!!!

maybe this is a little lesson in not worrying about what other people need all the time and just working on making sure that i'm getting what I need. regardless, all of this sucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

February 16, 2011