Nature was Green and then it Turned All Sorts of Colors


As previously mentioned, I was really fighting fall.

I wasn't ready for it, wasn't looking forward to it, and was doing my darndest to turn a blind eye to it and to live peacefully in my denial. Then I had a free moment to pull out my fall decorations right before the official start of the season and all of sudden I was okay with it and was ready to welcome it with open arms.

I didn't realize how long it had been since I last wrote and there's a bit of catching up to do. Lucky for you, I feel like letting pictures do most of the talking.

Stoess Family Visit
August 18-25, 2014
Hike to Crater Lake



Stoess men: Aaron, Lloyd, and Brian.

Sometimes I call her Princess Beyonce.

Family photo, minus the non-hiker-friendly cats.



I mean, c'mon.

House Stuff Progress
August and September

The garden, back in August. It has grown more since then. Not so shabby considering
how pitiful it looked when we first planted everything. We're taking bets on
whether or not our tomatoes will turn red before winter.

We grow (short) ice skating carrots.
Our new door! It excites me to no end.
Sometimes I just stare at it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The front is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(The house part, at least) The UPS man complimented the color and said,
"You must be very pleased." Yes. Yes I am.

Brian took a couple days off work, rented scaffolding, and busted his awesome
ass getting the tall sides of the house painted green. I rode my bike home
periodically to make sure he was still alive.
We had to have the power shut off for this part, for a few days. It pays off to live next
to a VRBO and a nice neighbor who will let you stay there for free so you can have power.
The north side with the primary color applied.
The south side with the primary color applied.
Brian's 32nd Birthday
September 14, 2014
In the middle of it all, Brian celebrated his birth.
I made him a ridiculously complicated (and ridiculously
delicious) chocolate pumpkin cake with salted caramel-
infused butter-cream cream-cheese frosting with
chocolate glaze. It took me 2 days.

Weller Lake/Independence Pass
Leaf-peeping #1
September 21, 2014

“No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face."- John Donne

I complained that our project was going to make us miss the fall colors so we hopped over to
Independence Pass for a looksie and took a quick jaunt up to Weller Lake before
heading to the summit of the pass.
Cotton and I take leaf peeping very seriously
A pretty typical look from Cotton.
Stella was tired and figity. There were a couple chipmunks who were teasing her
relentlessly while Brian & I kept telling her to chill out and sit still.
It's hard out here for a Stella.
Weller Lake and some fall foliage.
Ew.
A view from the top of Independence Pass.
Another view from the top of the pass.

Leaf Peeping #2 near Crystal Mill
Marble, CO
September 28, 2014


The leaves were A-MAZING.
The hills looked like they were plugged in.













Not a great quality pic but Cotton was FILTHY after the hike.
Isn't she adorable?

So, now we are embracing fall. Brian just made pumpkin bars with caramel-cider frosting and we're listening to standards. Because fall always makes us feel like listening to a little Sinatra & Perry Como. 

Here's to embracing the seasons!




Comments

  1. Cathy comic strip AAAAAAAACK! The house looks AMAZING. As do your fall photos. Clearly I need to be outside more often. Very inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

February 16, 2011