Labor Day


We have internet now!

And what did we learn? 
We learned that older homes can have some funky wiring.

We also learned that older homes have too many spiders. That’s not related to the internet, except that the internet enables me to purchase one of these:


Not only did we get our internet set up, I also found the camera so as you can see, we've had a productive Tuesday.

As I mentioned in my last post, we spent the holiday weekend camping outside of Crested Butte (where we resisted the urge to buy a t-shirt that said, “I like big buttes and I cannot lie”).

I know y’all have pretty places where you live but I just have to say that Colorado is my favorite. Our campground was surrounded by glorious peaks, Crested Butte is insane, and if you drive toward Schofield Pass, you’ll see mountains beyond mountains beyond mountains. Do you want to know the worst part? We didn't find our camera until today.

Um, we’re not there anymore. Face palm.

We did have our phones so we tried to capture what we could but I didn't get any pictures of Crested Butte or the road to Schofield Pass. ~sigh~ I guess we’ll have to go back.

Anywho, here are all the pictures you know you've missed thus far:

Brian cleaning the paint sprayer with a nice sunset backdrop. P.S. That's our detached 2-car garage.

An after picture, including where the stupid painter's tape ripped the paint off of the crown molding.

Stuff.

I put him there to keep him safe and he was enough to warm my heart and tie the room together.

I hope he doesn't mind but, here's our wonderful helper.

Stella finally has windows she can see out of.

Slackers.

After trying 15 different configurations of furniture, we decided on this.
Well, I'm going to move that lamp and continue unpacking, duh.

The easy-to-install light fixture.

The evil IKEA light fixture that was worth the frustration.

Every time we move I realize we have too many water bottles. Just thought I'd share.
Cellphone pictures from our camping trip:

On the drive there. It doesn't do it justice- it made me start chanting the Lion King.

This road was really bumpy and it made me giggle.

Hiking above Lake Irwin

I mean, come on.

My traversing parents.

Yes please. This is also where a hawk tried to take our dogs. 

We came to a point in the trail where we could either go around that big hill back there
 or we could just make our own trail. Brian said, "Do you trust me?" and my dad said, "Yes."
Here are my parents taking the road less traveled.

She loves him so much. I might as well be chopped liver.

My parents got one of the most popular camp sites so we hung out there.

We took a walk around the lake and the views just kept coming.

From the opposite side of the lake from our camp.


We saw a bald eagle swoop down and grab a fish and then he took it to the top of a dead tree to eat it.
He was the only one we saw successfully catch anything out of all the fishermen there.

The entrance to the campground. It kind of feels like you're simultaneously driving
 into the lake and riding on the Universal Studios tram ride where Jaws pops out.

Brian is frolicking with his teeny dog.
75% of the trip was on dirt roads and usually after it rained.
Brian said the mud is proof we had fun. And how.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jaime Needs...

Dude, 2022 was Intense

February 16, 2011