Weekend Bliss

I love it when you stumble across a great weekend, especially when you weren't planning for anything in particular. Brian woke me with a kiss on Saturday and whispered, "If we're going hiking, we should leave soon." I jumped out of bed and got ready while Brian cooked some eggs and then we headed west to hike up to Crater Lake. Here's what I look for in an optimal hike: your path should lead you up and the word 'alpine' should be involved. We indeed went up and were pleasantly greeted with great alpine meadows and lakes.



This picture reminds me of the bigfoot sighting pictures.

After our hike, we had dinner with my parents who stopped by to pick up their dog, Eefee, after their road trip to Pennsylvania. After they left, Brian suggested we go get some flowers for the flower beds in our front window. We were smarter this time and paid attention to the fact that our big tree blocks most sunlight and got plants that don't need full sun. Here's to hoping I don't keep up my M.O. and kill another set of plants.



Today we went to church and are purposefully not doing much. We gave Stella a much-needed bath and then went the to library for the first time in a long time. I found some CD's and Brian is reading a book called Folks, This Ain't Normal: A Farmer's Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and  a Better World. 

Stella enjoying her long-overdue spa day.

Chuck never ceases to find ways to entertain herself.

I'm off to read/nap/be lazy. I hope you, too, have had a surprisingly nice weekend!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jaime Needs...

Dude, 2022 was Intense

February 16, 2011