August 8-21, 2011

Has it really been since August 8th that I've posted?? Whoa.

Let us begin the recap...

The majority of arguments that occur between Brian and I are in regards to cleaning. If one of us is in the mood to clean and the other isn't, resentment and passive-aggressive sighs and banging ensue. We had a list of chores when we had our house on the market and that seemed to solve everything. I have my list, he has his and as long as we get our respective things done at some point during the week, life is good. So, Brian made a new chore list:

As I was downloading the next picture I realized the theme for this month is our house and various projects within. Brian decided to rearrange the guest room a little bit and my need for a more organized crafting setup became glaringly obvious. I had things stuffed EVERYWHERE. I'm hoping IKEA can eventually help me out with that...

In other news, was glancing through a People Magazine and found it amusing to see that Usher's kid had his shoes on the wrong feet. In other other news, Stella has discovered that she can move her crate while she's in it. We put her in her crate if we leave after 7pm because that's when she tends to bark. This is where we put her:
And this is usually where we find her when we get home:

This is Brian lounging with Stella. I just love catching moments like this because he seriously didn't want to get a dog.
Last Friday we had Brian's co-worker over for dinner. Yummy kabobs and Settlers of Catan- which I won BTW.
We had plans to paint the kitchen over the weekend because the color I picked about a month or so ago just never grew on me and I hate it. Over breakfast on Saturday, I mentioned that it might look nice if we painted our cabinets white. We got to talking and then we realized our whole kitchen could use an upgrade. So, instead of painting the walls, we spent the last week sanding and putting about 50 coats of paint on them. We also had to take everything out of the cubbards and I realized we have a million and one ways to drink liquid.
Here are some before/during shots:
Before- not so nice color

See, lots of drinking apparatuses

Brian sanding the cabinets in the garage

Now onto the cabinet frames
This was my attempt at saving myself hours of washing dishes when the sanding is over

Coat #30

Priming the frames

In the midst of the painting, we went to IKEA last Sunday to look for new hardware to add to the cabinet doors. 5 hours later, we were successful but it was a mad house. There was even a line to get into the parking garage.
So, our full plan:
1. Put new hardware on the cabinets and put the cabinets back together.
2. Have new counter-tops installed- I can pretty much say picking out counter-tops has been the hardest decision I've ever had to make. It's not like you can just change it out if you don't like it; unless you like spending $2,000+ regularly.
3. Repaint the rest of the kitchen
4. Add a tile back-splash
5. New stainless steel appliances- thank you Craig's List! We're still on the hunt for a fridge though. Did you know they make GIANT fridges now? We don't need to feed the Duggars, we just want a normal-sized fridge. Sheesh.

This morning I smiled at Brian for no reason and he wouldn't stop asking why I was smiling. I finally asked, "Am I so continuously cantankerous that you can't believe I would smile just because?" and he replied, "Well, you're not very nice when we do house projects". I can't really argue with him on that. I can't wait for this to be over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

February 16, 2011