June 7, 2011

June 7, 2011: Brian is in Germany for business and he took the camera so I haven't been able to take pictures but I decided I can still portray my life by borrowing other people's pictures. I've been exhausted and lonely this week so tonight I was browsing through my netflix instant options and saw the first season of MacGyver. I decided that was sufficiently comforting so I picked it to watch.

Despite the fact that the pilot episode aired in 1985, I still love that show. My favorite part of the pilot episode is that he's wearing the blue & green plaid shirt (as shown above) as he goes into an underground secret lab to save some people who were trapped in an explosion. He ends up ripping his plaid shirt to cover his face and his episodal love interest's face (that he just met moments before) in order to combat the poisonous gas they were about to run through. Then, at the end of the episode, he's playing basketball with his 'big brother' kid and he's wearing the exact same shirt. I don't know why, but that warms my heart.

Here's how much I loved MacGyver growing up: in gym class when we had to do pull-ups for the Presidential Fitness Test, I used to picture MacGyver at the top of the bar to try and motivate my muscles to pull me up there. I also found a cassette tape that I recorded of myself singing, "MacGyverrrrrr, I loveeee youuuuuuu. I wish you were my mommyyyyyyy". Please don't over psycho-analyze that... I was like 6 yrs old and that was the best way I could come up with to express my love for him. Anywho, I love MacGyver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jaime Needs...

Dude, 2022 was Intense

February 16, 2011