February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011: Please turn your attention to the 970- missed calls. Here's a little story that may make you dislike me (especially if you make phone calls for your job). Once upon a time (ahem, tonight), my phone rang with a mysterious number on the screen. Knowing that it would drive me crazy wondering who it was if I didn't answer, I answered it. Congratulations! You've won a 2-night stay in Breckenridge for $99, you pick the date. I was kind of excited, I remember entering the drawing a while back. I told him some of my info so he could send me more information and we chatted about the snow and how much Breckenridge got this last week. We were getting along really well and then he said, "What type of credit card will you be using?" I got quiet, began to panic, and stammered, "Oh, hold on. Let me look." I ran to Brian and whispered what was going on and he said, "Do. Not. Give. It. To. Him". I didn't know what to do so I just handed the phone to Brian and Click. Brian hung up on him. He called back twice (and, as you can see, the number changed the second time- I know that trick from working in Admissions at DeVry). I feel pretty bad and probably didn't make a friend tonight but, it happened. I'm moving on after this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jaime Needs...

Dude, 2022 was Intense

February 16, 2011