short people got no reason to live

The only thoughts on my mind lately are about my life as a person under 5 feet tall.

I've come to the conclusion that being a short person is a lot like being a motorcyclist. I've seen the bumper stickers that say "look for motorcycles-- now look again!" and I can't help but feel that is true for my life as well. I've learned it is not a challenge for me to sneak up those of the tall persuasion; it's the whole "out of sight, out of mind" mentality, I guess.

Just recently I was attending a concert and ended up bombarded by a flock of tall dudes. No one seemed to notice me and I eventually found myself with my face in one man's armpit the entire show with 3 other giant men eagerly pushing against my sides and back. The only way I can describe my experience is: I felt like I was listening to music while staring intently at a wall in a room I couldn't move in. Awesome.

Tell me -and be honest- am I off-base for for thinking that tall people should make it a habit of looking around their surroundings i.e. DOWN occasionally?

And, if they see someone who is 4'11", would it kill them to let the poor person stand in front of them? OBVIOUSLY I am not going to obstruct your view, YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE ME.

If I were President, I would designate a "vertically challenged" section at all public events.

I'll make you a deal: you let us stand in front of you at events and we'll crawl in small spaces to get something you need sometime... like on airplanes and stuff.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

February 16, 2011