things that make me twitch


Brian and I attended the Monolith Music Festival at Red Rocks last weekend. The festival was awesome but I have one complaint: I'm really frustrated with everyone's utter disregard for the designated smoking areas (and by everyone, I really am referring to everyone- except us).

I hate to break it to you smokers but even though Red Rocks is an outdoor venue, that doesn't mean your cigarette smoke will magically disappear into the ozone. No, it goes into my nose and mouth and upsets me. I don't share my bad habits with you. Do I spit my chewed off fingernails into your nose and mouth? No. I am respectful to those around me and I don't do it in public. You know something is wrong when there are so many people smoking, it looks like the bands brought a fog machine. Don't get me wrong, I was prepared to smell some pot here and there because I know how the typical music groupee can be but I was not prepared for the amount of cigarette's that inundated my soul. It didn't bring out the best in me...I had to fight off mean thoughts of wishing that you would all die tomorrow of lung cancer.

And, maybe I just live in my own little naive bubble, but I thought smoking was so 10 years ago. I mean, honestly. Who still smokes these days? And in Colorado no less. Aren't we supposed to be a healthy state?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

February 16, 2011