circle of friends

i have a new friend.

he's from, well... not here, and the only time i've ever talked to him is on the phone...i'm guessing that wherever he's from is rural. like RURAL rural.

i had the pleasure of talking to him the other day and he informed me that he's an artist and that he might like to draw me a picture.

i said, "oh, what kind of art do you do?" and he said, "what's your favorite symbol?"...that threw me for a bit because A) it didn't really answer my question and B) i don't really get asked what my favorite symbol is very often. i replied that i didn't know. he started to list common symbols to help me out. i stopped him after hearts and crosses and told him i like crosses.

well, apparently i said the right thing because he got really excited and took off in his southern drawl:

"crosses! well, i recently drew a pick-up truck and Jaime, let me tell you, the gates of heaven were opening above it and i drew 385 crosses on that truck".

all i could manage to say to that was, 'wow'. and all i could think was that i sure do hope he draws me a picture because the wall above our bed is in dire need of some art.

and then he told me he has our address tacked to his bedroom wall. that makes me feel good. yessir.

Comments

  1. I gotta say that if someone I just met told me that they had my address pinned to their bedroom wall, I wouldn't feel too good about it. Matter of fact, I think I'd look into finding another residence, and possibly changing my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was completely sarcastic. that part about me feeling really good. the good thing was he wasn't talking about my home address...it was my work address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't talk to me or any of your other friends on the phone, but you talk to crazy southern 8000 crosses guy?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

February 16, 2011