I Love March!

I’m going to go ahead and officially proclaim that March is my favorite month. My preference used to be solely based on the fact that my birthday falls in March, and I got a Spring Break, but now it's evolved to be based on more than that.

It’s as if I hold my breath from the time winter really sets in until the magical first day of March.

Not only do I receive two of my favorite emails on March 1:
Silly Red Robin used about 11 pictures to make up the email so I had to re-piece it back together


But the weather generally starts to show me signs that life still exists outside of my house. This past weekend we had our first bluebird beautiful day where I could go for a walk without a coat and soak in some vitamin D. Yesterday I was taking the dog for her evening walk around the block and noticed a tiny little yellow bud peeking out from the ground. Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!

Exhale - You survived the winter. It’s March!

We didn't have a horrible winter but we did have what felt like an extremely long, drawn-out cold spell. I don’t remember the usual spattering of 50-60 degree days that Colorado usually gifts me with during the winter months; and because they weren't there, I realized how much I depend on those for some sanity during my least favorite time of year. I don't mind spring snowstorms because they are singular events that are followed by lots of sunshine. For that reason, the upcoming weather report on the right makes me giddy. 

Winter is my fat, lazy season but I've lost 8 rolly-polly, chunky, disgusting pounds of fat since New Years which is another signal to me that Spring is nigh. My dog walks stretch into longer strolls because I’m not just trying to get back to the house as quickly as possible. I am more motivated to take breaks at work to get outside and walk, breathe the fresh air, and refuel my soul. 

I only sort of resent March for taking one hour of my sweet, precious sleep because, in return, it gives me more sunshine and a 'spring' *pun intended* in my step. 

I love March!

Comments

  1. Well, I'm glad that someone likes it, because I LOATHE March. I want it to be spring, but it just feels like more winter (especially here in the Northeast), with snow and rain and wind... and it's 31 days long, and has no three-day weekends to redeem itself (and no vacation weeks here, which fall in February and April)... In fact, its only redeeming quality is the beginning of daylight saving time! See, even though we lose an hour of sleep, it's good for a few extra hours of sleep in the mornings from the girls until their internal clocks acclimate. Oh, and I suppose it does have St. Patrick's Day. Still, on the whole, I hate March. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

February 16, 2011