christian rock memories- werd

for those of you who don't know, i grew up addicted to Jesus and Contemporary Christian Rock. i'm most definitely still into Jesus but have wandered from the Christian Rock scene. I'm not afraid to admit though that those bands i grew up listening to will always have a special place in my heart; especially a band called D.C. Talk. in fact, on road trips by myself i will bust out nu thang and sing/rap along with all my might. anyway, last night brian and i went to a newcomer's dinner at our priest's house. now, we've been going there long enough to know that he used to be in the music business in nashville but not much more than that. last night we got to talking to him and it turns out he was the president of forefront records and then he says, 'have you ever heard of d.c. talk?' i'm sure the look on my face answered his question 10 fold. well, he discovered them and michael w. smith and whiteheart and steven curtis chapman. the third-grader inside of me wanted to just jump up and down and go crazy but i was chill. i think he could read through my facade though. at the end of the night he took me upstairs and showed me his three dove awards and a picture of him with steven curtis chapman and he told me stories about hanging out with the fellas of d.c. talk. his wife heard us talking and said in her southern drawl, 'who? d.c. talk? those guys were squirrels."

and back to earth i did fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

February 16, 2011