so...maybe i feel like blogging today

i've been very resistent to this whole blog movement as i've been satisfied with my 6-year-old geocities web page. plus, i'm not one to 'advertise' myself so as of now i'm not too sure anyone will ever read this. however, i'm extremely bad at keeping in touch with old friends so i think maybe i'll give this a try...no guarantees though and you'll have to be ok with this not-so-fancy format because i refuse to pay for something like this. don't judge a book by its cover right?

so...here i am, in my final week of living in spokane. my last day of work is thursday. thank. you. Jesus. for those of you who don't know, i've been a slave at Gart Sports for almost 2 years now. you often hear the label "bitter retail clerk" and now i know precisely where that comes from. customers are mean! and they slowly chip away at your soul until 'customer service' becomes a bad word. it's hard to be the head of customer service when your 'give a damn' is broken. anyway, it's not a good environment and i'm counting down the hours until i'm set free. they all call me 'the deserter' at work but i just smile and tell them not to get mad at me just because i found my way out and they haven't. i'm leaving spokane to move back to my hometown of colorado springs to live with the parents again for about 1.5 months. i'm probably too excited about moving home for someone my age but i love my parents, i miss my brother and my pets, and how can one not be excited about free rent and utilities?! plus, i'm getting married this july so it'll be good to just 'be' with my family before i go off on my own to start my own family.

my fiance, brian stoess, just graduated from whitworth this last weekend and i couldn't be more excited to never hear the phrase, 'i can't, i have homework' again. yay for us being in the same phase of life! we've spent the past week planning our honeymoon to italy. let me tell you, i wish travel agents were a free gift from the government. travel details are no fun! we're flying into rome then we're off to orvieto, then siena, then vernazza- the pirate town, then venice, the dolomites, florence, and back to rome to fly home. we were originally just going to go to rome and venice but it's hard not to see more while you're there. it's not like i go to italy very often eh?

brian did an internship with Intuit, the company that makes turbo tax and they recently flew him down to california for an interview. we both really want him to get this job. it pays well, has great benefits and brian just really loves the company. they told him they'd let him know about the job 'sometime in may'. thank you for that ambiguous time frame. needless to say, i'm getting very anxious as it's now may 22 and still nothing. if he does get the job, they could place us anywhere in the country (except alaska) so i would really like to start preparing my mind and soul for my new home even if he doesn't get this job. and no. there is no back-up plan as of yet. did i mention brian has a great self-esteem? :)

maybe i just feel distant from a lot of people and that's why i feel like blogging today. even if no one reads this, at least i'm 'catching up' with the internet and that will suffice nicely.

did anyone else notice that i like to use 'quotation marks' a lot? i guess we all have our quirks.

take care and keep it real.

Comments

  1. Jaime,

    It was great read all that you are up to. I want you to know that I am very sad that our family is not going to be able to make it to your wedding. I have been thinking about the Colorado gang alot lately. Joy has been as well. We both would like to get back there to say hello to everyone. It was great to see a response from Elissa. Please tell her I said hello. If you are looking for a post honeymoon experience...Gresham, Oregon is just down the road. We would love to see you.

    Blessings,
    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jaime Needs...

Dude, 2022 was Intense

February 16, 2011