Christmas Letter 2004


T’is the season to be writing our annual Christmas letters eh? My life is going according to plan- THE plan, that is- so it’s full of surprises and challenges…some welcome... some not, and it often seems that just when I think I’ve reached a plateau in my maturing process- a point to sit back and coast for a while- life serves me a whole new plate of grown-up food.

For an appetizer on this year’s portion I’ve been served a new health insurance plan. Though this is much needed nourishment, it doesn’t tend to have a very good aftertaste. Besides caring for my health, it means a lot of paperwork and an abundance of big words and acronyms. Will it be the EPO for you today? It comes with In Network Coverage! Or how about our delicious PPO1 plan with a side of deductibles? OR can we interest you in our PPO2 special?? Oh well, at least now I don’t have to worry about being indigent right?

My main course has come to me in the form of travel, a steady full-time job, and a diamond ring. Brian and I had the pleasure of flying to Las Vegas in June to rendezvous with my parents and then we traveled with them back to Colorado Springs for a couple of days so I could feed some of my ‘home’ cravings. I was also lucky enough to meet my family in Malibu this November to see my brother Janson in Pepperdine’s production of The Music Man. Though I was only there for 2.5 days, it was great to be reunited with my estranged brother and experience my first time seeing him act in a play.

I’m still working for Gart Sports to bring home the dough and I have begun to really enjoy my co-workers. I have also received my long-awaited promotion (definitely a blessing)!

Most of you can probably figure out where the diamond ring fits in. Brian proposed to me this past August(!). It’s definitely a step both of us are eager to take and we’re very excited for the ‘big day’ to celebrate with those we love as well as to start our life together. Yess!! The wedding is July 16, 2005 so keep your eyes open for more info on wedding details. You can go to our website for info and our story: www.theknot.com/ourwedding/JaimeFangio&BrianStoess.

I had the pleasure of hosting my mom and long-time family friend Sid Hough at my apartment a few weeks ago. They came to help me pick out a wedding dress and we were quite successful. It was great to have some lady bonding time: girly movies, love songs, and lots of tears- you just can’t beat it!

Unfortunately, I won’t be going home for Christmas again as the retail world doesn’t leave much room for holiday travel. This must be the vegetable portion of life’s adulthood platter…and it must be lima beans or brussel sprouts or something because, well, gross. BUT, I do get to spend it with my soon-to-be in-laws so it will be like going to my home away from home which I’m very lucky to have.

In my real-life dining experiences I always tend to be too full for dessert which must be true metaphorically speaking as well for I’m out of news to share. I hope my food analogies didn’t allude too many people. It’s just me, trying to be clever and I often have trouble telling whether or not being clever really works for me. Regardless, I do hope this letter finds you all filled with the hope and joy this holiday season. (How about me keeping this less than 3 pages this year eh?)

With that said, have yourselves a merry little Christmas and I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jaime Needs...

Dude, 2022 was Intense

February 16, 2011