Being weighed and measured, hoping we don't come up wanting...

Whelp, we blinked and it's March.

I have to confess to you that we did not submit our adoption application by our internal deadline of February 27th. However, we went through everything with a fine-tooth comb this morning, signed a plethora of forms, and are officially ready to mail it on Monday (and also, turns out it's kind of fun to get fingerprinted). I feel okay about only being a week-ish late, mostly because any sense of failure is being trumped by how great it feels to be able to check this item off of my to-do list; and now we will hopefully be on to the next phase of becoming certified Foster Parents (which Colorado requires in order to adopt) so our next tasks involve 16 hours of classes and some home inspections. May the odds be ever in our favor.

Small folder. Big deal.

Our schmoozy "pick us" family picture. Do I look mom-ish?

I'm grateful to say that the adoption application is not the only exciting thing happening in our lives. This year will mark our 10-year wedding anniversary so in January we started to talk about what we wanted to do to celebrate and we tentatively decided to go tropical since we have never done that kind of trip together. I half-jokingly forwarded Brian a Groupon deal to Mexico, which inspired him to look at all of the Groupon vacation deals. He found one for Majahuitas Resort in Puerto Vallarta and it is totally our style. Remote, off-the-grid, basic necessities. Sooo, it's booked!

This will be our home away from home.

Side Note: My only knowledge of romantic tropical vacations stems from all my years of watching The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, i.e. giant bug bite welts, constant sweat, awkward tan lines, and the film crew always makes sure to show some footage of snakes. At least I know Brian is going to pick me. Just kidding, I'm really excited and ready for a truly relaxing vacation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dude, 2022 was Intense

Jaime Needs...

February 16, 2011